Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day

If you have had a child throw up while in bed with you . . .
If you have changed a diaper and wondered what in the world that child ate . . .
If you know how to make at least three different kinds of macaroni and cheese . .
If you know all the words to Itsy Bitsy Spider, I’m A Little Teapot, and The Alphabet Song . . .
If you have purple ketchup in your refrigerator . . .
If you have watched Finding Nemo, The Wizard of Oz, or any episode of Veggie Tales more than ten times . . .
If you have ever wanted to call an exorcist . . .
If you have ever wanted to kill the merchandiser who put candy next to the cashier at grocery stores . . .
If you have read Goodnight Moon for at least 14 consecutive nights . . .
If you have ever said, “Because I said so . . .”
If you have ever made Play-Doh, tasted Play-Doh, or picked Play-Doh out of the carpet . . .
If you have ever used your own spit to clean your child’s face . . .
If you have ever stayed up half the night praying . . .

Thank-you. And happy Mother’s Day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

My Mother, Sister, and I really enjoyed the service Sunday. The song sung by Julie and Tabitha was particularly moving. My sister commented that the services we used to attend at our old church were an hour long, but seemed to last four hours, but Rivertree services, while also an hour long, seemed to just fly by! We all agreed.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Losing my Mother in January, I was very hesitant to come to church Sunday as I was convinced I wouldn't make it thru the hour without crying, I prayed about it and trusted God and came anyway, At the very beginning of the service I teared up and almost went there but told myself I can do all things thru Christ and I was able to regain control of my emotions and surprizingly made it through the rest of the service. Thank You for the touching service.

12:52 PM  
Blogger LivingDedGrrl said...

I like that your blowing holes in that ridiculous doctrine that teaches that women are to be silent when it comes to men and church. The Lord will use whoever is willing to answer His calling...even women like Deborah, Miriam, Mary Magdalene, and Phoebe (and many others).

When you were talking about the creation of man and woman as equals, it reminded me of what my friend always says, "Woman was created from the man's side to be equal - not from his foot to be walked on, and definitely not from his butt to follow him around or for him to sit on and squash." =S

Oh...and in your Mommy List, you forgot to mention:

...Answered the door dressed like a superhero.
...Laughed at 100 consecutive Knock-Knock jokes that made absolutely no sense at all.
...List cartoons shown on Nick Jr. or Noggin when someone asks what your favorite TV shows are.
...Have set an extra place at the table for Larry the Cucumber.

=P

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home