Tuesday, April 17, 2007

020304050607

At Three minutes and Four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year, time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07. This will never happen again in our lifetime.

Do you know what else will never happen again in our lifetime? The past five minutes. Yesterday. Last year.

God says, "Your life is like the morning mist--it's here a little while and then it's gone." (James 4:14)

02:03:04 05/06/07 is not all that important. But what about when your daughter still wants to snuggle with you? Or your son's baseball game? Or fishing with your dad? Or the opportunity to tell your mom that you love her?

Some things will never happen again in our lifetime. Don't miss the ones that really do matter.

070605040302 . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Greg, good stuff! I am still praying for you and Rivertree to stay true to what is really God.

Sitting here sharing my laptop with my son. Just typing that reminds me of what seems like not that long ago when I would sit and hold him on my lap. Today he is fifteen and wants to use the laptop to edit his mp3 player. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read the blog thoughts to him (ok he's kind of a captive audience since he just wants his turn online and his sister is on the other computer).
We have three teens and all of the issues that go along with them. Our family time has been taken over by football bruises, ego bruises, broken hearts, Algebra grades, Music lessons, prom dresses, American Government assignments -- and how little I apparently know about any of these things.

I am blessed. I forget too often how much. These moments are just as special as those precious baby years. Life sometimes seems like it is being played on fast forward, thanks for the reminder to appreciate and focus on the present.

~M

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why only 02:03:04AM? Unless you follow military time PM would be the same sequence of numbers. Also it would seem that this event would occur next year at 3:04:05 on 06/07/08
and in two years at 4:05:06 on 07/08/09 etc, etc, etc... I think I can wait for the afternoon as oppose to being all night waiting. It is currently 11:11:11 on 5/05/07 and that is what is important to me but imagine this time four years and six months from now: 11/11/11

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I missing something or does 020304050607 happen again on the same day?

2:03 p.m. and 4 seconds in the 5th month on the six day in the year 2007.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home