Friday, April 06, 2007

The big, BIG, Easter weekend

Merry Christmas! Ummm, I mean Happy Easter!

Hard to believe it was 77 degrees three days ago and now it's 27 with a half inch of snow on the ground.

Easter is my favorite holiday of the year. Even when I was a kid I loved Easter more than all of the other celebrations. So, I'm revved up and ready to head into a big, BIG, Easter weekend.

On another note, but one that ties into the big, BIG, Easter weekend; my Uncle Glenn died yesterday morning. I was close to my Uncle as I was growing up. He and his family lived just down the street from us. Lots of memories.

So here's my schedule for this big, BIG, Easter weekend.

Saturday
8-9 Blow-out Power Saturday (This is a big prayer and worship celebration with all three of our campuses coming together)
9-10:30 Baptism Celebration (We'll be baptizing 75-100 people. Very cool.)
11-12:30 My Unlce's funeral
12:30-3 Memorize my Easter message
3-7:30 Easter services

Sunday
7-1 Easter services
2-4 Easter dinner at my parents'
4 We come home and our daughter Tabitha discovers that the Easter bunny has visited our house. She'll open her basket and find the eggs that have been hidden.

Nice big, BIG, Easter weekend for our daughter, huh? Maybe it is. Every once in awhile I wonder if she feels like Isaac being sacrificed on the altar to God?

I love Easter, but this one seems to have become a bit BIG.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that you're real and honest. I feel you pain and wish that it wasn't so crazy for you. You're an awesome leader. Through you many eternities are being changed. Hang in there. I'll pray that you and Julie and Tabitha get to enjoy some down time together very soon and that you all feel rested, comforted, and satisfied this Easter.

I'll join you in battle in the morning.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,
Thanks for all you do. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Hang in there - summer break is coming up and you can go on a loveyourwife/playwithyourdaughter/readalotofbooks binge.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can assure you that Tabitha is indeed blessed to have such creative and caring parents. Her memories of her childhood will be filled with joy. The stories and lessons of life she will be able to pass on to all she meets will touch even the merest stranger. Then as she grows up and becomes a mother herself, she will strive to give her children the same amazing childhood she had.
Many years ago I wrote a letter to my parents thanking them for giving me the most amazing childhood. I thanked them for all the sacrifices they made, the lessons we learned, and the love I remember and know as an adult because of them. I see my sisters and what amazing parents they are now and know they learned it from our own parents. Our memories aren't just of how they treated us, but of how they treated others. As a policeman and a nurse serving others as a profession, we saw the true compassion and sacrifices they made for strangers.

Just imagine what Tabitha is experiencing growing up with parents who s mission is to penetrate the world with the roar of God's love.

Although I've never met her I can assure you she is, and will be, a light to all she meets her entire life.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all your hard work for RiverTree. It's such a blessing to have a Bible believing church to be a part of, and the impact the church is having on the community is amazing.

I'll pray for you and your family to be able to rest and have some quality time together this evening. Again, thank you (and all the RiverTree staff and volunteers) for all you do!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Business as usual!
Last week we had volunteer stuff Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday,Friday and Saturday evenings along with full time jobs and preparing for sixteen people for Easter dinner. Saturday evening my wife became aware that a family of five with two manic children had no place to go for Easter and no money. She knew we didn't have space or most likely enough extra food but felt she compelled to invite them to come. Later on same evening yet another invite to a single divorcee followed by a call to our kids to make them aware of the invitations. Their responses were just what I expect Tabs will someday give. They were full of joy, you see it was business as usual for Peg. The kids have served at soup kitchens, helped families out at Christmas rather than getting things themselves, supported missions children with their own money, brought dinners to the battered womens shelter etc.
This Easter was business as usual although more tiring than most.
He has risen and lives in us and that's why we serve.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Ronald Darlington said...

Hi Greg, sorry to hear abour your uncle. We are strangers to you and members of St. Pauls RC Church in N. Canton. My wife Patricia and I enjoyed a beautiful Easter breakfast at Samantha's that was a nice surprise,courtesy of Rivertree. We have looked at your sight and found it very informing. You will be hearing from us as we support your efforts to introduce the lord to all and would like to help you with your effort.

Ron & Pat Darlington

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayer is what I'll provide brother!

However, I am wondering why you would want to draw me or call me to that winter "Easter" paradise? (lol!) I know God may be doing that, but still.....

IHL,

Richie

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home