Thursday, March 29, 2007

Godtube vs Youtube

It's the fastest growing "Christian" web-site on the internet: Godtube.com.

Many of you are probably very familiar with Youtube.com. If you're not, Youtube.com is a site where mostly amateurs post mostly homemade videos. Some are hilarious. Some are worthless. Some are definitely posted by Christ-followers. Others are definitely not.

The founder of Godtube.com wanted to create a web-space where Christians could post their stuff--where Christians could be safe from the other junk that, ummm, non-Christians are posting.

My problem is that, once again, many Christians are choosing to remove themselves from the world rather than penetrating the world with the Good News of God's love. I mean, here's the deal . . . How many non-Christ-followers are going to visit a site called Godtube.com? Not many, if any. BUT, hundreds of thousands of people visit Youtube.com every month. So here's the deal. How about if we, Christ-followers, produce the most excellent, impactful stuff out there on Youtube.com so that we infiltrate the world the way that Jesus infiltrated the world? No need to separate ourselves. No need to lose our influence. No need to become irrelevant!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roar!! Amen and Amen to this post brother. I hear Rick Rusaw talk about two rivers at a church, one out the front door that is all dirty and full of stuff and one out the back door that is pure and pristine. The problem being that too many "christians" are unwilling to be "Christ-Followers" and thy jump in the pure pristine river so they don't get dirty from the yukky worldly river. Give it to'em Greg! :-) In Love of course!! :-)


IHL,

Rich

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I recently heard someone say..."Our goal as Christ-followers should be to immerse ourselves in the world as deeply as possible, but not allow the world to be in us."

Jesus said let your light shine into the darkness, not hide it, but put it in a stand for ALL to see. If we are not willing how will they see Him.

12:35 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

just a note to say thank-you for the velvet elvis recommendation, what a great book! also appreciate your humor (Saturday, March 24, 2007 "From Quito to Ecuador")- could not stop laughing after i read it. i hope you continue making public your thoughts, ideas, etc, on the ever- elusive quest to find God until you're at least...100 :)

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me personally, today, the answer is that we need both. When I'm strong and in God's close company I can go out into the world and do my part to change it for Him.

Other times, when I'm tired, weak, defeated, I need to jump into that second river that reassures me, re-energizes me, cleans me up, and prepares me for the next trip out into the world.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the billboard on the news and I thought at first why is a church advertising sex, but then when it was explained I said thats a good idea.
But Your wrong about one thing, the age difference has changed, kids younger than 6 and 5 are thinking about sex, because my daughter is 6 and she was caught by anoter parent out front butt naked and I asked her why did she do it, because we are cristians and we go to church regularly and we have a Pastor who doesn't play, also I talk to my kids about peer pressure and sex, but she said because the two boys told her to and these boys are a year younger than her, just babies.
It just sickens my heart to hear people be so confortable in the world and not want what God has for them or don't want to teach their children how to be happy, and have peace and joy in their heart, so I started writing books and I have a journel on aol

http://journals.aol.com/nikkitlc123/WhatDoesGodSay/
Also I am on under myspace nikkitlc123

Please Feel FREE to check bot my aol Journal and myspace out
Because feel as belivers in Jesus we must start representing him in all his Glory and preach about the love only he can offer, and I tell people straight out I suffer with sex, and worldly behavior, but since I found Jesus again all things are new in my life.

Keep up doing the works of Jesus because our whole entire world needs him and his love.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your goal is "to immerse ourselves in the world as deeply as possible, but not allow the world to be in us", you missed your goal by a mile. You have already allowed the world in when you start a "praise band" in your church.
Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home