Friday, October 09, 2009

Struck by stupidity?

My wife felt compelled to read this news article to me this morning from The Week magazine.

"Of the 648 people killed by lightning in the U.S. in recent years, more than 80% were men.

Do males perhaps contain more lightning-attracting iron? Does their slight height advantage make them more attractive targets? Alas, no. It's just that men are stupid. Whether through ignorance, denial, or bravado, men seem less willing to interrupt their outdoor activities when dark clouds begin gathering."

Ummm . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

Reminds me of one of the characters in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Greg, I just read your post to my 7th grader, and he reminded me that his science teacher (male!)was struck by lightning during a tennis match. I would think that, as a science teacher, he should have known better. Be careful when out on the links! LOL
Chris L.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a good sermon point.

sin is like that, the dark clouds of consequence swirl around us as we deny sin's presence. We keep plodding along convinced that we are able to dodge the consequence. unfortunately sin has a better hit rate than lightning!

really appreciate the authentic series, I knew my gorilla but the message made the consequences hard to deny, working on it!

Bill

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home