Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Copper Mountain

I just finished up three days of snow skiing on Copper Mountain in Colorado. A friend called me and invited me to join him and his son for three days on the slopes. Both of them are wildmen skiiers--ski anywhere under any conditions. Ummm, my goal was to not break a leg--at least not one of mine.

On day one I started with an all day lesson on the green and blue slopes. Day two I was upgraded to a lesson on the blue slopes with a couple of black diamonds thrown in (took some very nice falls--BUT, didn't break my leg or anyone else's--great success).

Today we had absolutely pristine conditions. Groomed trails, stunning vistas, pure air, time with good friends and God. I found myself thanking God over and over again.

Though I'm worn out . . . muscles are screaming (nothing a few Advil can't handle) . . . I am energized. I love the adventure. I love my time "doing life" with great guys. I love my time reflecting on God's goodness.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding, one of my favorties. Many Spring Breaks there as well as Breckenridge, A-Basin and Keystone. We stayed in Dillon but always loved the atmosphere in the town of Breckenridge. I could retire there! It would be without my wife though, California girl dislikes snow. You are a little early but I used to spring ski in shorts and t-shirts and got more tan than friends that went to Florida. Some fabulous golf out there in the summer too.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be nice

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Greg! Life is too short and difficult to pass up an opportunity to get out of Ohio and enjoy some of the good stuff...even if it does inspire envy in some...

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It is amazing that God gives us such simple things (nature- simple may not be the best word :)and relationships that can propel us forward, closer to him, thankful, grateful, humble in awe and inspired to continue in the race. Thanks for sharing, reminding us we all have a chance to seize the opportunities specific to us that God provides to fuel our spirit.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home