Friday, April 11, 2008

Wondrous process

This is a tough post to write--not because it's bad news but because it's hopeful news on a roller coaster ride that doesn't have a clear conclusion.

I received a call from my wife, Julie, Monday afternoon while I was in Dallas. Our caseworker called to tell us that baby Elijah's birth mom placed him in foster care four days after they came home from the hospital. Not because of abuse or neglect . . . she simply found that she could not take care of him.

Sooo, her agency wanted to know if we were still interested in adopting him. After praying (for about two seconds), we said "Yes!"

As of today, we are scheduled to bring Elijah home next Tuesday. However, birth mom won't be signing the release papers until next week. In other words, a lot could still happen.

I have deeply appreciated your sharing in this journey with us. Please pray simply that God's will be done. That birth mom makes the right decision (whatever that may be). And that Julie and I become more like Jesus through this wondrous process.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family and I are absolutely praying for you as this journey continues.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! We have been praying for you and will definitely keep you and Baby Elijah in prayer. Keep the faith!
John & Lucia

6:12 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Greg, Beth and I will keep this in prayer. I know it must be hard to be getting green light, red light, green light....

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you guys..

Trent and Richele

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have all been in my prayers, and will continue to be in my prayers daily.
Katy

10:23 AM  
Blogger jcubsdad said...

Praying, and loving the lessons God is showing you and that you are sharing it with us.

A Pastor that is human? That is rare theses days! (yes, tongue and cheek)

Blessings and best of Luck. We at Compassion wish you the best whatever that may be!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been checking all day to see if Baby Elijah is home with you. Can't wait to hear the news.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home