Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Recommended movies

Over the past week I have watched several movies. A couple worth viewing.

August Rush. This one is good for the entire family. A story about a young music prodigy. The musical experience alone is most enjoyable. Pretty sappy ending but a great feel good movie.

Gone Baby Gone. This one is not for the faint of heart. Extremely strong language. However, I found myself pondering the ultimate question the film raises over and over again.

I watched both on pay per view. They're out on DVD now.

Any movies you recommend?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Greg. I saw both of those movies and thought they were both very good as well. I rented a movie last week called "The Ultimate Gift". This is another feel good movie that the entire family can watch.

Steve

3:26 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Greg, I watched August Rush just last night while working out. Predictable and maybe a little schmaltzy, but I was deeply moved. I thought it was a great movie.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Check out "Dan in Real Life"--even better than the "romantic" part (which is sweet) is the "comedy" part, which depicts a large family that is actually healthy, loving, loyal and fun. I smiled all the way through.

11:17 PM  
Blogger jay said...

Greg - Ya gotta see Juno. It's at the Palace this weekend, as well as Movies 10, and should be out on DVD relatively soon.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe in Me - A girl's basketball version or Hoosiers. A man looks forward to his dream job coaching boy's basketball only to end up coaching girls.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Prestige. It's not new, but I caught it on one of the movie channels and it haunted me for weeks.

-N

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a few..."Lions for Lambs", you have to love Robert Redford. "Kite Runner" and "Rendition". All worth the watch.

-Casandra

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home