Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wisdom from my wife

I was standing in the back of the room as church started this weekend. My wife, Julie, who is also the Worship Director for RiverTree, started reading some words while on stage. I'm listening to them and I'm thinking, "Those are really good." After the service was over I asked her who she was reading from. And she responded that it was simply some stuff she had written in her journal. So, with her permission, this is a beautiful prayer from my amazing wife.

God, thank-you for remembering me when I forget you. Thank-you for being faithful to me when I turn my back on you. Thank-you for defending me when I fail to stand up for you. Thank-you for loving me when I'm too tired to love you back. Thank-you for being my friend when I don't give you a moment of my time. Thank-you for believing in me when I don't believe in you. Thank-you for forgiving me when I haven't forgiven myself. Thank-you for trusting me with others even when I don't trust you with the others I love. Thank-you for paying attention to my life even when I've ignored you for months. Thank-you for rescuing me when I didn't recognize you as Savior. Thank-you for loving this sinner when I didn't know that I was one.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was awesome. The best part is, as one who attends rivertree, when I am sitting in service and watching everything, I have caught myself saying "I wish I could have the realationship with God that they have(the worship team or pastors)" And now after reading Juile's prayer, I see that I have the same relationship with Him that she has!! Thanks for your blog!! You always have great insight (Julie also)!!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so appreciate the transparency shown by RiverTree leaders - showing me that even the people I respect most in my church face the same struggles and imperfections that I do. Thanks to you all for your honesty and openness!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your prayer, Julie! I was going to ask you for a copy and then read Pastor Greg's blog.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with anonymous; but also Amen to your wife's prayer. :-)

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.......to me this is what it's all about ......everyday...
humble
on your knees
broken
empty.....but there's good news!

Now I'm ready to be....
loved
accepted
healed
filled with the holy spirit

By the way, I get this (I depend on it!!!) every time I worship at
Rivertree.
Thank you for your continued
strength
courage
love
honesty
care for the Word
"Bible thumpin" message!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home