Saturday, June 21, 2008

Homerun Hotdog

I attended the Jackson Township Community Festival one evening this week with my family. As always, there were loads of interesting foods to eat. I indulged in a deep fried corn dog, greasy fries with lots of salt and dripping with vinegar and nachos loaded with jalapenos. Didn't sleep too well that night.

The strangest food that I ate was being given away at a free sample tent. Shearer's potato chips had set up a tent to give away cups full of their most recent potato chip flavors. The flavor that caught my eye was "Homerun Hotdog." My thinking went like this: I like hotdogs and I like potato chips . . . Sooo, these have to be good.

It was one of the worst things I have ever eaten. The chips, true to their name, DID taste like a hot dog. However, some things simply should not be mixed! It was a bit of a joke around their display--people were laughing and saying, "You've got to try these. They're horrible!"

Tried any bad foods lately?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chocolate covered ginger...I thought you could put chocolate on anything, and it would taste good, but I was so, so wrong...

9:09 AM  
Blogger LivingDedGrrl said...

I've eaten a lot of wrong things in my life, and they all escape me at the moment except this...

...you shouldn't always eat the icing on gingerbread houses made of food. One time I broke a nice sized piece of the white stuff off and it turned out to be chalk.

1:11 PM  
Blogger ktyertle said...

You should have travelled a couple more miles down the road to the KSU Stark campus to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life on June 20. No “bad food” there, just 18 hours of music, games, “tasty food”, love, laughter, & loads of uplifting inspiration all in a carnival atmosphere. I invite you check it out next year!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're ever at the World of Coca Cola in Atlanta, you have to try Beverly soda. Its the worst soda you've ever tasted! Apparently Italians love it.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How about popcorn flavored jelly beans? The flavor of buttered sugar is, well, let's just say - UNHEAVENLY! :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Rick Schluep said...

Goat tongue cut out of a boiled goat's head was rather interesting to try and swallow.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home