Monday, January 25, 2010

Why children?

We had a really good weekend with the 14 year old girl who came to stay with us. I have to admit that it was a little strange . . . at 14 she is really a young woman.

It didn't take long for her to warm up to us and for us to warm up to her. I pray she may have experienced God's love through our family.

On Sunday evening, after she returned to her permanent foster family, I asked Tabitha (11) if she knew why we brought children into our home? She responded, "It's what Jesus would do." Mmmm, it's all worthwhile.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mr. Wayne said...

It sometimes takes a child to give us the answer that we likely knew all along

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am 7 1/2 months pregnant. This will be our 4th child(living - we have lost some) Being Catholic, we are open to new life and practice NFP -a great and unexpected joy after following the world's lie that contraception was best. I wonder why people think more than children is a crazy thing. Several generations ago this was not so. The bible seems clear that children are a gift (no matter how they come into our lives). My parents took 3 orphans into our home after their parents were killed while I was a teen- making our family of 5 a family of 8! I saw tremendous love and sacrifice given by my parents that taught me more about Jesus than any sermon I've heard! I think it is great to open our arms to children. What do you think about the attitudes today towards large families? What do you think about being open to life? I was shocked to learn that all Christianity taught against contraception until 1930 - and that the pill often causes chemical abortions w/out the mother even knowing (breakthrough ovulation happens about once a year)
A curious Catholic!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...out of the mouths of babes.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

g,

just downloaded paperwork for bethany.org.. richele and i are praying about how we can be more tangible..

t

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home