Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Graveyard Book

Okay, this one is just for fun.

"The Graveyard Book" is Neil Gaiman's most recent release. You might know him as the author of "Coraline" the book that was made into a movie for kids that adults enjoy as well (it's one of my daughter's favorites).

"Graveyard" won the Newberry Award Medal. (The award is given to an author for an outstanding contribution to literature for children.)

Books like this remind me why reading is fun. They also help spark my creative juices.

For a light, enjoyable read, pick this one up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kerri said...

I love his books! I've read "Good Omens", "Stardust", and "American Gods". All 3 were great reads. "Good Omens", I actually laughed out loud in several parts. How often does that happen while reading a book? Thanks Greg, for reminding me about thus author. I've gotta check his other works now.

10:24 AM  
Blogger David said...

Dear Greg,

Off topic for a minute I just wanted to thank you for your message yesterday at church. My wife and I kept our 8 year old daughter in "big church" as she would call it because she wasn't feeling well due to a sunburn. Lately she has been worried about returning to school and making new friends. The part in your message about being a friend to others who may be outcast seemed to me like you were speaking directly to her. I only pray that the Lord spoke to her heart through your words and she will see that she can be a blessing to other kids in Jesus name. Thank you Greg for being our pastor. We appreciate you. God Bless. In Christ, David S.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous tracy carpenter said...

Hey Greg, its Tracy Carpenter... I wanted to tell you about goodreads.com I know how much you read and how much I like following your book selections as do so many others! It's a social networking site that catologs all your books as well as allows you to give them 1-5 stars and rate them... I have been having so much fun with it... check it out... and if you join and begin to put your books there please let me know... for a person who is passionate about reading... its a find! www.goodreads.com

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home