Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lousy T-Shirt

Last night I finished reading Vince Antonucci's book, I Became A Christian And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt. When I turned the last page I was genuinely sorry that T-Shirt was coming to an end.

Vince, in a very candid and authentic manner, discusses what it means to be a follower of Jesus. He exposes many of the misconceptions and misrepresentations that are tragically corrupting the current state of Christianity.

I found myself laughing out loud and softly crying as I read this book. God has gifted Vince with a marvelous sense of humor and is using his writing to ask all of us some very probing questions.

Pick this one up!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger OneManMajority said...

Glad you liked it. I think I may read this one again. His writing is so pure and authentic. What a great read and great message!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know about http://www.lousytshirtbook.com/

Great stuff there, especially for a pastor. Don't miss it.

12:22 AM  
Blogger LEHIGH VALLEY PROJECT said...

This book is lousy, the author has no sense of humor at all, and he is a horrible story teller. How do I know? Cuz I've lived with this guy for almost 10 years of my life now? Geez - talk about overrated! (hahahah!)

Just kidding! Vince is my Pastor and wise beyond his years - he has taught much to this older fella; and under his tutelage I am hopeful to be half the Pastor and leader that God has enabled Vince to be. The book is pretty stinkin funny, but also a sad commentary on the perception of Christianity.

He Greg, did Deb pass on to you about my interest in Tanzania? Just curious.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg, I just ordered this book on amazon! I thought I would be good, but now I am looking forward to my delivery! Thanks!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Vince Antonucci: said...

Greg, Thank you so much, for reading the book, for enjoying it, and for putting up a post about it. There's also a church series based on it: www.lousytshirtbook.com if you're interested. Thanks, vince

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home