Friday, February 08, 2008

Your obituary

Usmagazine.com just released one of those "strange-but-true" bits of information. They stated that the Associated Press has prewritten Britney Spear's obituary! Pre-writing someone's obituary isn't all that uncommon but it's typically done for someone who is very ill or aged. "Of course, we would never wish any type of misfortune on anybody," said AP entertainment editor Jesse Washington, "but if something were to happen, we would have to be prepared."

It would make me pretty uncomfortable if I found out that people were already writing my obituary. Definitely sends a clear message.

The truth of the matter is that you and I are writing our own obituaries every single day by the way we live.

What are you writing?

4 Comments:

Blogger jcubsdad said...

ohhh... good one. Short and to the point... I am being pricked already.

11:21 AM  
Blogger LEHIGH VALLEY PROJECT said...

Well..., right now I writing to you!

However, let be said of Richie that:

Flawed, scarred, and humbled - but by Grace he perservered in his Love for God and for People. Remembered for Big Hugs and a Warm Smile! :-)

Nuff said.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,
We just got back form Oregon where we attended our nephews funeral. He died in a freak snowboarding accident at the age of 20.....he was on fire for the Lord....over 1400 people attended his celebration of life service where everyone who spoke, spoke of his love for Jesus. We all wore hot pink t-shirts that said "Alive in Christ". I was thinking exactly what you are asking....what would my obituary say?.......I want mine to be like Jared Russell Nagels....
LINDY

6:42 AM  
Blogger Greg Nettle said...

Hi Lindy,

I am deeply sorry that you have had to say farewell to your nephew--for now. May all of our "end of this life" services be celebrations like Jared's!

g

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home