Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Honest assessment

Last week, Julie, Tabs and I were driving from from the airport in sunny Florida to the condo where we would be spending a week in Fort Lauderdale. During our drive we passed a mental health clinic with a neon sign over the door. As we drove past I said to Julie, "Did that sign really say that?" She started to laugh and replied, "At least they're honest!" The neon sign flashed: "We're all here because we're not all there."

I started to think about the church and my life personally. I'm part of the church--we're all part of the church--because we need Jesus and we need each other. It is not hypocritical to admit that we're all a mess. That without Jesus and without each other we would have no hope. We're all here because we're not all there. Thank God that He provides a plan and a place--a people, for healing and restoration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home