Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A few more nuggets from Ecuador

Throughout our week long trip, we were exposed to a variety of challenging resources encouraging us to evaluate our lifestyle so that we may more effectively minister to those close to God's heart.

"It is poverty to say that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." --Mother Theresa

"Tell me what you think about money and I can tell you what you think about God." --Billy Graham

"God says, 'If you mess with the poor, you are messing with me. If you bless the poor, I will bless you.' " --Bill Hybells

"We must move our lifestyle back to 'enough.' " --Wess Stafford

"You ask why I live in a dinky house . . . because it is enough." --Wess Stafford

Mmmm . . . something to think about . . . something to live about . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I basically live in one room maybe 12 feet x 10 feet. I don't know, I haven't measured it. I have one small closet. So, for the most part, all of my earthly belongings are in that space. Sometimes it seems like too little, but it is enough.

But what bothers me is that I have spoken to dozens of people who have thought about coming to the mission field of New York City but have chosen not to because of they kind of lifestyle they would have to live here. There are a variety of reasons. One is always not wanting to rear children in a place like NYC even though millions do it every day and quite successfully.

It is try that my friends who have come here to plant churches live in cramped quarters. Their children have to share a room. They may have to get rid of a car and though most times that is best, sometimes it is inconvenient. But they do it for the Kingdom.

The way we choose to live and where we choose to live can make a difference . . . or not.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home