Friday, January 26, 2007

Prayer of relinquishment

Richard Foster wrote one of my favorite prayers to begin each day:

Today, O Lord, I yield myself to You.
May Your will be my delight today.
May You have perfect sway in me.
May your love be the pattern of my living.
I surrender to You my hopes, my dreams, my ambitions.
Do with them what You will, when You will, as You will.
I place into Your loving care my family, my friends, my future.
Care for them with a care that I can never give.
I release into Your hands my need to control, my craving for status, my fear of obscurity.
Eradicate the evil, purify the good, and establish Your Kingdom on earth.
For Jesus’ sake, Amen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is beautiful. Thank you. It says everything I have been trying to will to Him everyday.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this everyday, thank your

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home