Friday, November 17, 2006

Picnic

Spencer Burke, of Newport Beach, California, writes: "On one occasion, our community was getting kicked out of a park because of our interaction with the homeless. 'You can't feed the homeless here; you need a permit,' the policeman said. I replied, 'We are not feeding the homeless. We are having a picnic. We're eating with them.'"

What a great attitude shift that would be for me. I'm not "feeding the homeless, I'm eating with them." Sounds like the way Jesus lived and treated people. The poor never felt denegrated by Jesus--they felt lifted up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I witnessed Jesus at work this Sunday. I witnessed Him though Mr. Stafford and I witnessed Him breaking my heart wide open so that it may hold so much more. When I watched the Treehouse Kids on stage singing "He knows my name" I was unable to control my emotions- a wide variety of feelings came gushing to the surface. I pray that I will never forget this moment and that I will never forget a child's name in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you Rivertree for taking us all just as we are but not leaving us there.

Kim Sanders

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This weekends service was awesome with Wes Stafford. I had taken a packet to consider sponsoring a Compassion child the previous weekend and had actually returned it this Sunday because of an unexpected bill I got in the mail through the week...I just thought I counldn't handle any extra expenses at this time. After seeing the video at the end of service I thought "what if the child I was thinking of sponsoring is in the same situation?" I walked right back out to that table and picked his packet back up and we've been praying as a family ever since for his safety and the blessing that we can actually help him and his family through faith in the Lord.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home